Friday, March 28, 2008

Pistons Cool off the Heat - Clinch Division Title

Well, thanks to our friends at TNT, unless you saw this one live at the Palace, you didn't see it at all. I was one of those angry fans. Because the Heat have really fallen from grace, this one was pulled from national TV. Oh well, while following the game on-line it appeared not to be too pretty anyway. Aaron Afflalo had a career night with 15 points. Let me say, with all the buzz around Stuckey, I am continually impressed with AA. He plays solid defense, has good size, doesn't turn it over and plays very smart. He plays within himself, never trying to do to much. I think the future of the Pistons backcourt looks to be in good hands with our 2 stellar rookies.

On another note, the Pistons clinched another Central Division title. I know a lot of us spoiled Piston fans are ho-hum about this achievement. But lets take a moment to reflect and appreciate what this team continues to achieve. I believe the Pistons are in as good as a position as they've been in a long time. They have a young, athletic bench that really gets after it. This will be a huge asset this post-season. An asset we haven't had since 2003-04.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was bummed about this game being pulled too as I had TNT available on the plane when I was flying home. Got stuck with Denver and Dallas instead.